Sax Solos

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Love Will Carry The Distance


In the darkness, I find my strength
And wonder about the inequities upon me.
I feel a power lifting me up,
And know that force is mightier than thee.

Feeling neither indifferent nor resolute
I ponder the fate of my existence.
For their atrocities on me, I refute
And know that love will carry the distance.

Can you feel the force? Can you feel the power?
The pressure of oppression attacks the masses.
With the faith in love, we will endower
The true believers before our time passes.

While in darkness, they lay siege against the kingdom
And obliterate those that lacked the faith
I'll stand tall with the strength I've implored
And spread the love and the power of my lord.

May our aggressors be stricken with the power of love
And their atrocities leave with the peace of a dove.
Then we shall celebrate with a song and a dance,
And know that love will carry the distance.

Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

No comments: